11/05/2010

Halloween Horrors

Halloween is such a fun holiday because any crazy outfit/hair is acceptable. This year - like many other years - I had no idea what I wanted to dress up as. However, when friends and I went to look for costume ideas/pieces (and no, I've never actually spent money on a full costume before), I found some crazy green tights. There were also red, blue, yellow, orange (which my friend bought), and purple leopard print. I would have bought them if I had any inkling of a costume I could make out of it...

With those green tights, I decided I could go as Poison Ivy (from the comics, not the plant). When I told my friends that, I didn't realize that what they imagined was something a lot skimpier.


from the game Arkham Asylum

Yea, I would never EVER wear that. Instead, what I was imagining was a lot more covered...more like 

courtesy of lightboxentertainment.com

Unfortunately, I ran out of time to make the costume, and couldn't find green gloves, so I decided to go as a glam rocker...and I still wore my green tights ^.^ I bought spray-in color for my hair because I didn't want to risk bleaching and dying my hair. 
I was super surprised that the colors in my hair came out so well! I kind of want purple or red streaks in my hair now, but not on top. I want them underneath my hair so that it only peeks through.

My hair felt crunchy all-night because I stuck in tons of hair gel to try to get a faux-hawk. Good thing I didn't use hair-spray - I could smell the gel the entire time, and I used Garnier Fructis so it actually smelled nice! My hair is just a little too long for it, so I ended up bobby-pinning it sorta-up - the stiffness of my hair definitely helped, but it wasn't the faux-hawk I was imagining of anime proportions. On that note, I wonder what cosplayers use...

Anyway, we went to a Halloween party...on the night before Halloween (good thing it's on a Sunday this year!) Sadly, we missed Journey to the End of the Night, an SF streetrace in Halloween costumes because of circumstances out of our control. Luckily for us, we caught a break because it started raining in SF anyways (and I absolutely HATE being outside when I'm being rained upon.) Surprisingly I managed to get home before I went to sleep, even if it was at 5 am. :P

Sadly my laptop broke so no pictures for awhile >.<

No comments: